Please diarise Talk Sign Day on Friday, 9th of March 2018 and ‘’Let’s Bridge the Gap” by adopting Talk Sign at your school or business for 2018
The Talk Sign campaign organised by the KwaZulu-Natal Blind and Deaf Society in now in its 5th year and is aimed at ensuring that all people in society, school children in particular become aware of Sign Language, of the plight of Deaf people, of the need for Deaf people to communicate and to raise money for our cause.
Please support this exciting campaign to help promote Sign Language, in order for it to become South Africa’s 12th official language.
How to get involved:
- Ensure that your learners and staff are introduced to the Signs that appear on the information pack.
- Engage in an activity using SA Sign Language on Talk Sign Day, Friday, 9th of March.
- Buy a Talk Sign sticker for R10. All money raised will be used to educate people who are Deaf and help find them employment.
- Wear your Talk Sign sticker on Talk Sign Day, Friday, 9th of March.
- Make it your mission to learn phrases in Sign Language so you can communicate with people who are Deaf.
For more information or to place an order for stickers to sell at your school or for a presentation, please contact email@example.com.